Tuesday, 10 November 2015
Below are 9 things you should know about the new EFCC boss.
1. He was one of the early recruits into the EFCC by Nuhu Ribadu
2. He served as head of the Economic Governance Unit (EGU) of the EFCC during the tenure of Ribadu as chairman of the commission.
3. As head of the EGU, he spearheaded investigations into corrupt governors, including former Delta governor, James Ibori the role of former Kwara state governor and Senate president, Bukola Saraki, in the collapse of Societe Generale Bank of Nigeria.
4. In August 2008, he was accused of illegally keeping case files of top politicians being investigated by the commission. After days of detention with nothing incriminating found against him he was re-deployed to the police. He was later suspended from the police, going without salaries for several months.
5. During his tenure as Head of the Governance Unit of the EFCC, Magu developed a reputation as a no-nonsense anti-corruption investigator of the high and mighty.
6. He was Chief Superintendent of Police in Ado-Ekiti.
7. In 2012, he was elevated to the rank of Assistant Commissioner of Police.
8. Magu is a recipient of USG and London Metropolitan Police institute training.
9. He is a member of the investigative committee convened by National Security Adviser (NSA), Babagana Monguno on the orders of President Muhammadu Buhari to probe the procurement of arms in the Armed Forces from 2007 till now.