advertisement

Monday 27 April 2015

I’ll Look into The Missing $20 Billion – Buhari Tells Jonathan, Diezani

President-elect, Gen Muhammadu Buhari said he will probe the alleged missing $20 billion from the coffers of Nigerian National Petroleum Cooperation. Buhari made this statement while addressing a delegation of Adamawa State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who paid him a congratulatory visit at his campaign headquarters in Abuja. Buhari said
 “On the issue of corruption, I heard that some people have started returning money. I will not believe it until I see for myself. You all remember what the Emir of Kano talked about when he was the governor of the CBN. He said $20bn not N20bn was unaccounted for; they said it was a lie. Instead of investigating it, they sacked him. And God in his infinite mercy made him the Emir of Kano. In any case, that is what he wanted. And since this was documented, our administration will take a look at it.”

No comments: