advertisement

Thursday 21 May 2015

“I Made a Choice to Keep the Country Away from Conflict” -President Jonathan

President Goodluck Jonathan is voicing out once again about him conceding defeat in the 2015 presidential elections. He spoke about the matter while receiving members of the African Ambassadors’ Group, who paid him a farewell and solidarity visit in Abuja. He was quoted saying:
“I believe that character matters in leadership. And it is not just about who becomes the President of a country, but somebody has to be there and the person needs the support of all to succeed. I made a choice to keep the country away from conflict.
I have always advised other African leaders that we will need to have a country before we can have the ambition to become President. We don’t have to expose our people to deaths because we want to stay in power. Some people hold on to power, may be, for fear of the unknown.
I have been involved in solving many problems in African countries for more than five years and I know the enormity and cost of conflicts, especially on the citizenry. We cannot afford that in Nigeria.
If we were to have a political conflict in Nigeria, I am not sure the sub-region will be able to accommodate our citizens. My commitment is to always put the country before my personal ambition and that is what I have demonstrated.”

No comments: