advertisement

Friday 1 May 2015

I survived cancer - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala

Nigeria’s minister of finance, Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala disclosed yesterday during the service of songs for late Presidential aide, Oronto Douglas that she survived cancer 15 years ago affirming the scare is not the end of life. "Oronto and I had two similiarities in life, we both had cancer, I had my last surgery, 15 years ago and I shared my experience with him,"the Finance Minister said.
The ceremony was also attended by the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, Anyim Pius Anyim who represented President Goodluck Jonathan, former Ekiti State Governor, Kayode Fayemi, Pastor Tunde Bakare and former Bayelsa State Governor, Diepreye Alamieyeseigha among others.
Douglas, a senior adviser to President Jonathan, died on Thursday, April 9, 2015 from cancer-related complications.

No comments: